Zinn and The Art Of Saxophone is Dann's Zinn's magnum opus for the teaching of technique. It encompasses more than forty years of study and training, and is the backbone of his and his students' virtuosity. Zinn And The Art Of Saxophone is designed to provide a course of technical study for a lifetime of improvement.
The books are designed in a 'martial arts' format, moving from the beginning white level to the very advanced black level. The format and structure is consistent for each book, with exercises for tone, chromatics, scales, intervals, arpeggios, and miscellaneous studies. These books provide the student with the essential structure needed to reach their highest goals. The exercises range from core basics to the most difficult of studies. This curriculum can guide both the beginning and most serious of students to musical excellence. The books are balanced, self-paced, and effective.
THESE SIX BOOKS INCLUDE:
- A detailed philosophical approach for guidance, clarity, and encouragement.
- Numerous and varied long tone exercises, tone etudes covering all registers, articulation, overtones, extended tonal techniques such as subtone, scooping and bending, singing while playing, playing with the different vowel sounds, and vibrato.
- Countless ways to play scales and related exercises.
- Exotic and unusual scales and arpeggios.
- Hundreds of studies of altissimo, large intervals, palm keys, finger twisters, alternative fingerings, trills, extended techniques.
And much more! Purchase them here:
"DANN ZINN is a game changer, who is taking jazz in new directions." As a world-class saxophonist/composer, Dann Zinn is renowned for being a passionate and virtuosic soloist. Hailed over the years as "inventive," "distinctive," and for "creating a stunning and emotional listening experience," Zinn has developed a unique style distinguishing him as a one of a kind artist.
The Zinn And The Art Of Saxophone approach as been the cornerstone of Zinn's teaching methods for over 30 years. He has helped produced some of the most renowned musicians on the scene today.
In addition to his private studio, Zinn is currently the Director of Jazz Studies at California State University East Bay, Director of the award winning San Francisco Jazz Festival High School All Star Combo, faculty of The California Jazz Conservatory, and the University of California at Berkeley.